An inspiring way to start implementing Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage www.early-education.org.uk is to become engrossed in the distinctive Cosy catalogue ( Tel: 0133 370152). It really is full of truly imaginative resources, with an emphasis on outdoor learning. For example, there’s the 3-in-1 Anyway Up Worm Table – lie underneath the perspex tabletop and watch worms, snails and other mini-beasts meandering along above you, or look up at the clouds and draw what you see or imagine… There are hanging nature keepers for displaying patterns of leaves and irresistible, natural wood, small world accessories , and hundreds more original and creative resources.
Hello, I’m Linda.As an early years specialist, I created this blog to share my ideas about children's learning and the creative curriculum. Thanks for reading, please comment! www.childseyemedia.com
- Introducing woodwork in the early years – find out how March 4, 2013Educational consultant and writer Terry Gould and I have written The Little Book of Woodwork to encourage early years teachers to consider introducing woodworking experiences into their settings. The book begins with an outline of the many learning benefits of woodwork, … Continue reading →
- A Chinese New Year (Feb 10th) inspiration station January 11, 2013Set up a laptop or mini DVD player next to your small world animal play. Show the section telling the exciting story of the Chinese New Year animal swimming race , in Child’s Eye Media’s Festivals DVD Plus. (Conveyed very … Continue reading →
- For Christmas learning ideas inspired by Holland, see my article in Teach Nursery magazine. December 10, 2012In this article in Teach Nursery magazine (Issue 2.7), read about fun Christmas learning ideas inspired by the Dutch St. Nicholas Day (December 6th). Find out about how, on St. Nicholas’s Eve, children and their families, in their homes, meet … Continue reading →
- Introducing woodwork in the early years – find out how March 4, 2013
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Introducing woodwork in the early years – find out how
- A Chinese New Year (Feb 10th) inspiration station
- For Christmas learning ideas inspired by Holland, see my article in Teach Nursery magazine.
- Celebrating Diwali (Nov 13th) – see my article in the Oct/Nov issue of Teach Nursery
- Revised EYFS – great self-evaluation audits